Monday, May 23, 2011

New Poem from Eric Wells entitled "Greener on the Other Side". Follow him on Twitter @SoPoeticWellz21

I could have been better....
Me?,With no doubt, I could have stacked money
To cool my physical
While my soul burns, buried in the urn of life...
I could be the type to hype up the stereo types
Of grouping cultures in one phrase,
Letting the hatred rage toward
"The Man"
I could be.... But why?
Instead I choose to bleed ink from the gift
Of my mind, through a pen...
I could have done better,
It's true
Good or Bad,
Accepting my sins, immaturity,
And the secrets of my mind..
I could be picture book like,
One sided without dimensions
Or jaded with life's dementia..
A twisted disturbed individual..
Or perhaps, simple minded and blinded
I could have been like others,
Once upon a time, I worshiped the shine
And dreamed of the glamor..
Looking back, that could have been me..
So mirror I ask, "What do you see?,"
I briefly pause then answer myself...
"I could have been many things, But more important
Is..... What I will be"

*Follow me to the pastures of the other side*

No comments:

Post a Comment